Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Update!

Well, we had an appointment with Dr. John today. It went really well! I've dilated an entire centimeter this week, leaving me at a big 2. My cervix is soft and has begun to efface, but he didn't give me a percentage. And Noodle is super low! However, baby is also not completely turned, so we're still somewhat sunny side up. Dr. John gave us some instructions on stretch positions we can try to encourage Noodle to finish turning. I'll let you know how that goes.

Other than that, things are great. I'm continuing to lose mucus and yesterday it was somewhat brown. Since the appointment this afternoon, my contractions have picked up intensity and it's not comfortable, but it is typical. We talked about membrane stripping and I've consented to allow it after Christmas, but only then. Dr. John readily agreed. We also discussed some of my birth plan details and I'm confident that Dr. John is completely supportive of my decisions, barring complications, of course.

So... Now we wait. I've been told to increase my activity level even more, but I'm somewhat hesitant because we're so close to Christmas and I'd rather not have a Christmas baby or spend Christmas in the maternity ward.

However, I'm in quite a bit of pain now. We may find that my exam irritated my cervix enough as it is and just going to my daughter's concert tonight will throw me over the edge...I can't be totally still just yet...

I'm very excited! Noodle is almost here!

Our next appointment is Monday, so I'll update more then, if not before.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment