19 weeks...ARE YOU SERIOUS?!
That means that NEXT MONDAY...I'll be HALF WAY THROUGH.
*deep breath*
That's freaking me out a little. Well, more than a little. I'm now in full-on panic mode!
*add British cop siren sound here*
Honestly...19 weeks...that's just...that's just crazy, people. CRAZY.
Noodle Is the Size Of?
A Mango!!
(And no, that's not me. I wanted to find the weirdest picture of a person holding a mango that I could find...and this one just seemed RIGHT to me somehow...)
Average Noodle is 6" and 8.5 oz!
This week, Noodle is developing Vernix Caseosa all over his/her body. It's a white, greasy protective coating that will remain on Noodle's body until after birth. Imagine you're in a 9-month bath...you'd want some protection too!
Also this week, Noodle is beginning to work on his/her 5 senses! Can you believe that?!
Maternity Clothes?
Oh, yes. I'm even beginning to fit into my tops.
Which means...SHOPPING TRIP!! Woohoo! Mama needs a few more maternity tee shirts, that's for sure!
Stretch Marks?
Nope. But I've got a funny feeling...
Sleep?
Sleep is still a total struggle for me this week. Mister has even gone so far as to begin researching pregnancy pillows for me in the hopes that we can get me more comfortable. It's becoming very, very difficult for me to get comfortable at all.
Symptoms?
Still having fun with swelling. Yesterday at the fair my shoes looked like they were just going to rip off...
LOTS of aches and pains.
Round ligament pain, for sure! My poor abdomen feels like it's made of broken glass.
Still more dizziness, of course. I feel like a drunk.
TONS of hip pain. I've NEVER had this before and it's just completely awful. Just today I have had to nurse this hip more than ever before and it still feels like it's going to break if I use it too much.
Best Moment of the Week?
We took our daughter to the fair for being such an awesome kid all summer. While we were there, we ran into some friends of Mister's from work and BabyGirl was attached to them at the hip! They convinced her to go on the scariest ride at the fair and SHE DID IT!! I was so proud that she faced a fear. By far, best moment of my week.
Miss Anything?
Normal size bras. I haven't yet purchased a bra that fits, but I can tell that when I do...it's going to be seen from space.
Movement?
Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to announce that Noodle is moving around like crazy again this week. I'm not sure what was keeping me from feeling the movement last week, but it's over. I'm once again feeling movement fairly regularly. And I've had an easier time catching movement on the doppler as well. It's been really fun to listen to Noodle squirm around! BabyGirl got a chance to listen yesterday and she and I had a good time just listening to the kicks...
Food Cravings?
This week it's been ice cold water and sweets. However, whenever I have something sweet, I only want a little and then I'm done with it. I never want a lot of ice cream or a lot of cake. Just a piece. It's kinda nice.
Today, I'm proud to admit, I'm craving RED MEAT!! That might be a sign of iron deficiency...yes...but it's exciting because I haven't had a good steak since I got pregnant and I MISS IT!! So I bought some and I'm looking forward to eating it in the very, very near future.
Food Aversions?
Hot chicken is still troublesome for me.
Anything sour. Ick.
Am I Showing?
Are you blind?
Belly Button?
Looking more and more like a black hole in space...
Ring?
I'm still wearing one of my bigger ones and I'll continue to do so. I won't go without a ring on my finger. But I'm considering putting my "actual" engagement ring on the necklace I wear everyday...
Looking Forward To?
STEAK!
I'm taking my son to his first dentist appointment this Thursday and I think we're going to have a fun time. My new pediatric dentist is AMAZING.
And the sweet possibility of a maternity pillow. Ahh...it haunts my dreams...or lack thereof..*ahem*
Miscellaneous Updates:
I haven't been able to hang out with my sister much this week, since she's been gone on vacation and I was unable to join her due to my own obligations here at home...and I can tell you it's really taking it's toll on my motivation and happiness levels! She's coming home very soon and I'm looking forward to spending some time with her as soon as we can. I miss you, Sissy!
The new school year is getting very close. And usually, as a mom, I get a bit excited at the prospect of returning to the scheduled days, albeit early, and the regimen that helps foster growth in my children. This year, however, I'm getting really quite sad at the idea that my daughter won't be here to spend the days with me anymore. She has not only been an incredible help to me through some of my hardest days, but she and I have grown quite close over this summer and I'm not looking forward to her being gone from me.
Alright...that's it for now.
See you next week!

No comments:
Post a Comment