Now, let's get on with it, shall we?! We're already days behind schedule...
How Far Along Am I?
In this picture, I was exactly 18w.
Noodle Is the Size Of?
This one is a bit controversial. Some say one thing, some say another. After much research, I've decided to agree with this:
SWEET POTATO!!
Average baby size: 5.6 inches long and 6.7 oz! A sweet potato. Seriously! Weren't we an onion last week? I wonder what next week will be! Hoorah!!
This week Noodle is yawning, hiccuping, swallowing and sucking his/her thumb! Noodle is also doing A LOT of moving around and this is the time when first time moms usually begin to notice all the movement. He or she should be in there twisting, rolling, kicking and punching!
Maternity Clothes?
I'm definitely in maternity clothes. I'm still not in my tops, though.
Stretch Marks?
Nope.
Sleep?
Sleep is a mythical land told by legends passed down from generations long ago. Sleep is a place where magical things happen like rest, relaxation and pleasant dreams. Rumor has it that people who experience this magical land are less stressed, less tired and happier in general. I haven't visited this land in a long time, not without the aid of complete and total exhaustion. And then when I do succumb to the exhaustion, it's not Sleep I experience....it's a near-comatose state. No rest. No pleasant dreams.
Symptoms?
I'm starting to experience swollen hands and feet throughout the day.
My back is DEFINITELY starting to hurt. As my center of gravity shifts forward, all I want is a massage and a hot pack. Ugh.
Insomnia.
Headaches. Oh joy.
These hot flashes brought to you by Estrogen!
My poor, poor boobies. Not only do they ache and experience the frequent stabbing pains that make pregnant boobs so great, but they also have begun to protest against any and all bras. It's time to get a couple new ones, that's for sure...because NONE of mine fit anymore.
The bathroom is where you'll almost always find me because I'm peeing every 2 minutes. Going ANYWHERE is hilarious because I'm constantly asking Mister to pull over at a gas station or stop shopping so I can visit the ladies room. Whew!
Dizziness is a new and exciting development, as well. At first I was only experiencing this every once in awhile but now it seems I suffer with some moderate bouts of it throughout each day.
Extreme shortness of breath is also a fun symptom I get to manage. I can't go up a flight of stairs without having to sit down because I'm having such a hard time catching my breath. This, friends, is NO fun whatsoever.
Best Moment of the Week?
Playing guitar and singing with my sister and a birthday party for my grandma takes the cake this week. It was an emotional experience for all of us and all the hard work we put into it was worth it. Our grandma was very thankful for the song and it touched my heart to spend the afternoon with her and extended family.
Miss Anything?
I miss quite a bit this week. Being able to climb a flight of stairs, for instance. Riding in the car for more than 10 minutes without a potty break. My American Eagle jeans.
Movement?
As I stated earlier, movement has become hard for me to feel this week. I'm sure Noodle's in there causing quite a ruckus and I'm just out here too fat to feel it.
Food Cravings?
My newest craving is going to shock the people closest to me. Before I reveal it, I want each of you to take a second and take a couple deep breaths...because this one, friends and loved ones, is going to freak you out.....
.....
.....
....
....
Yep, that's right ladies and gentlemen. I'm craving ICE COLD WATER.
I feel like I deserve a medal or something!
The other things I'm craving this week are avocados, cherry tomatoes and black midnight grapes.
Food Aversions?
I've still got a few aversions to warm proteins, but that's slowly fading. Thank goodness!
Am I Showing?
Yes. It's beginning to be ridiculously obvious.
Belly Button?
A place where the umbilical cord once connected me to my mother's body.
Also, still an innie.
Ring?
Hello? Who's there?
Looking Forward To?
It's a busy week here at the Matchett Residence this week as we begin to prepare for back to school for BabyGirl. I'm looking forward to finishing going through her clothes. I'm also looking forward to getting the motivation to make some more homemade bread...it's been about FOREVER since I did that. Also this week, I'm hoping to get a chance to take BabyGirl to the county fair to look at the animals. That girl has been my saving grace this summer and she deserves something fun, just for her.
Miscellaneous Updates:
As summer winds down and I start to feel the chill of autumn in the night breezes, I find myself becoming more excited about Noodle's arrival. It seems I was in a fog most of this pregnancy thus far, due in part to the all my terrible illness and physical strains. This pregnancy has been, by far, the hardest and most demanding of all of my pregnancies and for the entire first trimester I was defensive against it to better handle all the illness. Now, however, as the illness begins to fade and the seasons start their slow waltz together before they officially change, I am getting more and more thrilled and excited! This is my last summer with my two children. This is the last summer I have to enjoy the quiet moments as a blended family of 4. This is the last fall holiday stretch I'll have before another small child joins us on our trick or treats and Thanksgiving feast. And while I'm silently sentimental about all of that, I'm beginning to yearn to hold Noodle close and smell that glorious baby smell. As much as I dislike the lack of sleep that comes that first year, I am beginning to look forward to the warm, sleepy weight of a feeding newborn in my arms again.
In all the places I've made mistakes as a mother, and there are many I assure you, that pain and regret can so quickly be salved by the snuggle of my children. ALL of my children. It seems to me a silent understanding crosses between the unspoken lines of me and my babies; we know we're growing TOGETHER. Learning TOGETHER. Building TOGETHER. And as the due date looms for this Noodle to join that blessed team, I'm getting more confident that all the things I've learned before will be so much easier to apply this third time around. Our team will concrete. Our home will be happier.
And let's not forget, dear friends and loved ones, that this magical confidence is brought to you by Mister The Great. While I can pat my own back in reference to all the years I toiled as a parent before I met him, I MUST give him credit for all the things he's taught me since his arrival and all the ways he's changed me. Noodle may be a mixture of him and I, but so, dear friends, am I. He is my perfect compliment and my only true partner. Together, he and I will continue to do the wonderful things we've done with Boo and BabyGirl, making me no longer afraid of the pressure of Noodle's arrival. With Mister as my team mate, true love, and co-parent, our family will be as beautifully blended as a cup of coffee with cream. <3 I love you, Mister.
And on that sappy note...see you next time!




I love you so much. Can't wait to hold our noodle!
ReplyDelete