Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Well, well, well...



First things first...

I am surrounded by a family that truly loves me and celebrates with me...
It was brought to my attention after I posted the announcement that we wouldn't be having a baby shower for Noodle, that certain members of my family have been secretly planning a surprise baby shower for me. Knowing that my original decision to nix the baby shower stemmed from the original plan to continue with the wedding, after we'd decided to postpone the wedding until Noodle's arrival, they decided to throw me a kickass surprise shower! How AWESOME is that!?? I'm soooo excited, people, I just can't even begin to tell you!

So, YES we WILL be having a baby shower for Noodle sometime this fall.
YES there will be invitations sent out.
YES it will be the best thing you've ever experienced, so you better come!
YES my family is the bestest family ever, so neener neener on you.
And YES, I just said neener neener in a sentence as a 30 year old.

In all sincerity, it absolutely touches me that they were planning this event for me. In my opinion, there is absolutely nothing more fun than hanging out with my family. Even in high school, I opted to stay home with my parents, than go out with friends. I positively adore it. You can find me, most of my free time, at my sister's or mom's houses just chatting about nothing and grinning from ear to ear. So it means so much to me to have this shower. I just simply can't wait!!

Oh...and no...that means we probably will NOT being having a Sip n' See. I'll keep you posted...

*ahem* Okay...enough excited babble. Shall we discuss a bit of a Noodle update? YAY!

Today was our 20 week ultrasound. Like most moms, I entered into it full of nerves and anxiety. Would they find something wrong? Since my other pregnancies were so simple, is this the one that gets scary? Is my baby going to be okay? I've been reminding myself over the last week that my Mom-Radar hasn't been going off this entire pregnancy and I have absolutely no reason to believe something is wrong. (For the record, I fully believe in Mom-Radar. If something is wrong, I believe a Mom will know even if the medical tests claim otherwise. My pediatrician agrees with this, thank the Lord.) I have no symptoms of anything, no problems, no lingering voicing in my head...not even a bad dream full of deformed babies. Just...nothing.

And I was right.



Everything on the ultrasound today looked completely normal. No signs of any defects. No signs of distress. Plenty of amniotic fluid. Plenty of room. Noodle was super, super active. He or she even sucked their thumb and waved! Lots of kicks, baby's got a full bladder and well functioning kidneys, great blood flow through the cord, heart chambers looked perfect, brain looked exactly as it should... EVERYTHING looked wonderful! And to top it off, all my blood work looks perfectly in range, my weight is progressing exactly as it should, my blood pressure is awesome, my cervix looks exactly on target, my placenta was placed beautifully where it should've been and spaced perfectly from my cervix, my contractions were exactly as they should be... The list just went on and on. Even my fundal height was exactly on point.

Leaving there today, I feel better than I've felt this entire time.

I'm not naive enough to believe that's a guarantee, nor am I foolish enough to go on as if nothing could go wrong. I am, however, filled with an incredible sense of joyous relief over confirmation of my what my Mom Radar has been saying this entire time; everything is as it should be, breathe easy.

So, onward and upward we go! As we all know, this last half of the pregnancy always seems to go so much faster than the first (until the last 2 weeks, of course...than it's the dreaded waiting game), so I'm looking VERY forward to doing EVERYTHING I can do enjoy EVERY second of what will most likely be my last pregnancy.

Until next time, friends...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment