How Far Along Am I?
24 Weeks! YAY!
Noodle is the size of?
A CANTALOUPE!
Or...
Either way, an average baby is about 11.8 inches long and roughly 20.8 ounces! That's nearly 1 1/2 pounds! That's quite a growth spurt since last week. Be careful in there, Noodle!
Other cool things this week are Noodle's pinker skin, thanks to the capillaries forming in the skin. Because of that, Noodle is a little less see-through and a lot more baby-looking! Hooray!
And hair! Noodle is growing real hair this week. That must be what all this insane heartburn is all about, eh?
Noodle's lungs are also going through a bit of a development surge and at this point, Noodle would be considered viable if I went into preterm labor and delivered.
Maternity Clothes?
The only things I don't wear that are specifically maternity clothes are pajama pants and a couple tank tops for layering.
Sleep?
Sleep is actually rather wonderful this week. Not only have I been getting increasingly tired in the evening, but Mister finally bought me that maternity pillow he's been threatening me with and now all I want to do is sleep. I haven't been this comfortable in many months! Hooray!
Symptoms?
Well, we can start with my constant need to pee. Oh yes.
And I'm STARVING at ALL TIMES.
Shortness of breath.
Difficulty getting up from a sitting or reclined position.
And the swelling...oh the swelling.
Headaches are still nagging me.
Numbness in my back accompanied by sciatic pain.
Dry eyes have started this week and they're no fun.
If I have anymore heartburn I'm going to become walking flames, I'm sure.
I've also been extremely, extremely emotional this week.
Severe fatigue in the afternoons.
Dizziness and clumsiness are becoming a pretty big deal these days, especially with all these stairs.
Best Moment of the Week?
My son turned 3 yesterday. And while that's not a maternity milestone, it was definitely the highlight of my week.
Movement?
Movement has definitely increased this week, if you can believe it. Noodle's sleep patterns are holding true, but whenever baby is awake, I'm getting pummeled from the inside out!
Food Cravings?
This week my cravings are Ceasar salads and doughnuts. Although, luckily, not at the same time.
Food Aversions?
Chicken is still plaguing me, for some reason. But recently, nothing else is really troubling me.
Belly Button?
Oh...it's there. It's getting flat, but it's there.
Rings?
I've had to change rings again this week, but I've still got one on my finger.
Looking Forward To?
I'm looking forward to getting things set up in Nursery Corner. I know, I know, I keep saying I'm going to get to that project and things just keep getting in my way. But this week, I'm getting to it, come hell or high water, and it's going to get done so I can start getting Noodle's things organized. I've got to make some lists of things I still need and I can't quite do that when everything is all willy-nilly and all over the place. Cute nursery, here we come!
...somebody nag me about it this week, would ya?
Miscellaneous Updates:
Yesterday we had an ob/gyn appointment to check on Noodle, and all is well. Noodle's heartbeat is wonderfully strong and baby is moving around so much that my doctor seems to be having a harder time catching up with Noodle on doppler. My weight is high, but not a concern, and my blood pressure is perfect. We're not concerned about my level of swelling and my pregnancy is progressing beautifully so far.
Mister and I have started to finalize D-day plans for the placement of our other children while we're in the hospital, as well as the millions of contingency plans for the "what ifs." It's a great feeling to be getting those things figured out so I can stop stressing about them so much.
Last night I experienced what I can only describe as "real false pains." While I know they were non-progressive contractions, they were indeed more than "uncomfortable" Braxton Hicks. I couldn't walk or talk through them, they were consistently spaced, started in my lower back and rolled to the front and left me panting and clinging to Mister for dear life for almost an hour. After some movement and a hot shower, they began calming down and stopped as quickly as they started. It was horrible and scary; I told myself if the shower didn't fix it, we were heading to the ER in a quick hurry...so, luckily it did. And the pains weren't fitting many of the criteria for concern, based on my doctor's instruction. However, it did give us the opportunity to begin working on our communication and teamwork for true labor, when it happens. I count myself lucky for that. Needless to say, I'm hoping that it doesn't happen again. I was beyond miserable. Women that deal with that type of thing more than once during their pregnancy deserve an unending amount of pie for the rest of their lives!
Other than that, there's nothing to report. My hair is getting awesome. I suppose that's it.
Until next time!



No comments:
Post a Comment