This week I'm 25 weeks along.
And yes, you've seen pictures of that shirt before. I wear that shirt a lot, actually, because it's one of my most comfortable. It's so comfortable, in fact, that I've seen many pregnant women in it this season!
The fact remains, however, that I'm getting to be as big as a house and I'm 25 weeks along already. Mister seems to remind me everyday that I seem to be bigger than the day before...and I think he's right. At least, it feels that way! I can't see my feet much when I stand up, and trying to reach them is RIDICULOUS, even when sitting down.
And...my doctor agrees with me that I'm carrying Noodle more in than out, and more up than down. (However right at this moment, I'm fairly certain Noodle is using my cervix as a trampoline..sheesh!)
How Big is Noodle?
This week, Noodle is the size of a Rutabaga! (As this lovely lady is modeling for us...)
That means that Noodle is about 13.5" long from head to heel and roughly 1.5lbs! And believe me, folks, it certainly feels like it from where I'm standing!
In all the research I've done for this week's blog, the only thing I've learned is that this week Noodle's brain and optic nerves will fuse and baby will turn his/her head if I hold light up to my belly.
...that's pretty much all anyone has to say about week 25. Noodle is still getting fat (and so am I), Noodle is still getting pink, and Noodle is still growing so the kicks will get harder and the room (womb, LOL) will get smaller.
That's about it. Not so exciting this week, I'm afraid.
My uterus is apparently the size of a soccer ball this week, however. I suppose that's somewhat interesting. When I try to bend over, it certainly feels like there's a soccer ball in there. Complete with field of kickers...
Maternity Clothes?
I haven't purchased anything new this week, although I'm realizing that I need to soon. My tees we just recently purchased are already becoming too small. None of my tanks fit for layering anymore. I need a handful of men's flannel shirts (in my oh-so-humble-opinion) because they're one of my favorite Fall maternity looks. I have a few Fall/Winter things, but for the most part, I have nothing easy and almost nothing that fits. So...looks like I'll be raiding the Goodwill and Ross again very soon! Ugh. Truthfully, I'm not looking forward to it.
The other thing I need to buy more of is nursing bras! I have recently discovered these divine contraptions and oh, I love them so! It's hard enough to find bras that fit adequately for my non-pregnant bust (typically a 36DD), but now that I'm pregnant I'm having the worst time getting anything to fit well OR comfortably. Poor Mister has had to sit outside fitting rooms about a billion times already this pregnancy waiting for me while I've painstakingly and begrudgingly tried on bra after bra after bra. But I have purchased 2 that I absolutely adore and I'm looking forward to grabbing another 5 or 6.
Sleep?
Sleep has started to get a bit easier for me this week, especially now that I have my wonderful maternity pillow. The biggest issue I have now is getting OUT of said maternity pillow if I need to use the ladies room or if the toddler cries during the night.
Because this is how I curl up and sleep in this giant "G" shaped pillow, it makes for a very humorous and interesting exit in the middle of the night. And Mister has to cover me up once I get in it. And FORGET reaching behind me to grab my cell phone or shut off the lamp!! Nope, I'm completely tangled in this thing...
On the upside, I sleep like a princess!
Symptoms?
This week I've added Carpal Tunnel to my ever-growing list of pregnancy symptoms. And let me tell you, that's just an awesome addition!
My hair is absolutely glorious!
Dizziness is still hanging around and I've noticed that it really roars if I don't eat consistently through the day.
I'm getting hit by another round of severe afternoon fatigue. It doesn't seem to matter if I get good sleep or not. 3pm rolls around and BAM!...I'm exhausted.
Shortness of breath is still a problem for me and sometimes it gets so bad I have to sit down where I am and lean back against a wall and just....focus on breathing. It's a real pain in the neck.
Speaking of neck pain...oh, I've got that, too. And back pain. LIKE A LOT.
My skin is also getting very, very itchy. It puts the lotion on it's skin...
Oh, and in case it doesn't sound wonderful yet, my eyes are getting super sensitive to light and drying out in the middle of the day. I can suddenly sympathize with contacts-wearers.
Hot flashes are still hanging around.
And the swelling, oh the swelling...it's fun and exciting.
I'm still having to use the restroom about every 20 seconds, which isn't very much fun.
And my nausea is coming back, little by little. OH JOY!
This week I also started leaking colostrum from both breasts. That's a fun new symptom, too, let me tell ya...
Best Moment of the Week?
This week I really enjoyed getting some work done on Nursery Corner!
These are the best "before" picks I could manage of Nursery Corner. The walls are a very pale moss green, which you can't really see in these terrible pics. This area is in our Master Bedroom. After moving some of the furniture into this area last night, Mister and I discussed completely rearranging the room and moving Nursery Corner down toward the windows on the opposite end. But I decided against it for use of the windows near my head during the warm season (if we're here that long). So all of you can look forward to some "after" pics very soon! I got quite a bit completed in Nursery Corner already, but I'm not going to unveil it until it's complete. Because I'm a jerk like that.
Movement?
There's a lot of movement. Noodle is constantly moving around, believe me. And now it's getting painful! However, EVERY SINGLE TIME Mister puts his hand on my belly to feel Noodle move around, Noodle sits completely still until he walks away again. SO...*sigh*...Mister has yet to feel Noodle move.
All you local family members, don't hesitate to ask to feel. Y'all have Unlimited Touch Passes, like always. Good luck, though. Noodle doesn't like to show off.
Food Cravings?
I'm still on the Caesar Salad kick! Hooray!
And Oreos. Oh...the delicious Oreo goodness...
Food Aversions?
Still hating chicken. I wonder why...
Belly Button?
My belly button is really starting to flatten out. Pretty soon, it's not going to be there.
Rings?
Because of swelling and the drop in temperatures, my hands are either really skinny or really swollen. So I've always got a ring on my finger, there's just no telling which one it is.
Looking Forward To?
I'm looking very forward to completing more work on Nursery Corner through the week. I'm also looking forward to cleaning the fireplace and getting the first fire of the season going. Hopefully that'll take place tomorrow.
Miscellaneous Updates:
I'm an emotional wreck this week, so there's that. Everything seems to be making me cry or panic or second guess myself or quit things... It's ridiculous.
After raising concerns over my painful contractions (Braxton Hicks should never be painful like my most recent contractions have been), I was advised to get better hydrated and immediately reduce my stress level, to see if that made any difference in their consistency or severity. So, I'm drowning myself in water and doing a lot of crafts. It's also been advised that I don't lift anything over 15lbs, unless absolutely necessary and only momentarily.
Other than that, I'm LOVING being pregnant. I know I seem to whine a lot, but truthfully, I am enjoying this. It's been a wonderful change to actually BE pregnant, instead of working a million hours a week WHILE pregnant. And I have been indulging in quiet moments to just lay back and feel Noodle move around in there. It's always going to be one of my favorite things.
I suppose that's it this week! I'd better go rescue the toddler from his nap...
Until next time!
![]() |
| 10 weeks along! |
![]() |
| 25 weeks along. |







No comments:
Post a Comment