Monday, September 30, 2013

Oh my, how time flies!

How Far Along Am I?
This week marks 26 weeks. That means there's only 14 weeks left.

WOAH.

It's incredible to think that I'm growing a human inside me. That never ceases to amaze me. And while I'm excited about the miracle of it all, this week I've found myself getting somewhat scared at the reality of having another baby at home. And more than that, a bit depressed that it's nearly over. I'm trying very hard to relish every single moment. I've spent a lot of time this week laying still, hands on my belly, just FEELING everything.

I truly wish it wouldn't end, despite how miserable this pregnancy is making me feel so much of the time. The misery comes with the certainty and reassurance that my body is doing something AWESOME. And though I whine, and though I complain to my poor Mister, I truly don't want it to end. I'm going to miss being pregnant...


How Big Is Noodle This Week?

This week, Noodle is roughly 14 inches long...which is approximately the size of a scallion! WOOHOO!

Noodle is also roughly between 1.7-2.2 lbs. (And my bladder will attest to you that's true! LOL!)

Also this week:
Noodle's feet are 2 inches long!
Noodle's eyes will also open sometime this week, if not already. Which means baby is learning to see!
My sweet Noodle might also start some thumb sucking this week as well, as hand-eye coordination improves.
Touching and playing with Noodle through my belly is possible this week. Brain activity scans show that average babies begin to reaction and "play" with touch in utero at this point. FUN!
Oh...and this week marks the end of the 6th month...which means 3rd trimester starts next week.
Yeah.
I just freaked out a little, too. *AHEM*

Maternity Clothes?
As much as possible, yes! Although, I find myself stealing Mister's sweat pants for lounge wear and I can still throw on a pre-pregnancy tee shirt now and then to layer, if absolutely necessary. Mister is determined to go buy a few more maternity tee's for the last trimester, so I'm not so stuffed into small shirts.

Sleep?
I'm definitely dealing with crazy pregnancy dreams this week. Oh man!
And falling asleep is getting more difficult, again. Insomnia is beginning to start up again, accompanied by some increasing difficulty to get comfortable.

Signs of Labor?
Lots and lots and lots and lots and LOTS of Braxton Hicks contractions.
And oh the sweet back pain...

Best Moment of the Week?
My 3 year old son has lifted his shirt to show me his tummy a handful of times this week. Every time, he says, "Look, Mama! I have a Noodle, too!" And while I snicker somewhat at my adorable little boy for his simple confusion, I am absolutely FLOORED at his total love and devotion to his unborn sibling. He is constantly trying to share food with Noodle (through my belly button, which is fun and exciting) or take pictures of Noodle (which are blurry closeups of my extended belly, which he gets angry at because he wants an ultrasound pic to appear) or give my belly kisses! He even told Noodle goodnight the other night. It's been so fun this week.

Movement?
Lots and LOTS of movement!
Weeks 24-28 are typically the most active weeks, and Noodle is NOT disappointing! It's been a total joy to feel and watch Noodle move about in there. Soon, it's going to get smaller and more painful, so I'm trying to enjoy the nearly-painless movements of these last couple weeks.

Food Aversions?
Chicken, still. Isn't that crazy?
And cold cuts. Oh...those are making me slightly nauseous.

Food Cravings?
This week it's been Oreos, chocolate pudding, whipped cream and steak.
(Not at all in that order.)

Belly Button?
I have a feeling it'll soon be gone...

Looking Forward To?
This week I'm looking forward to the beginning of October and our family's new 30 Days of Halloween tradition. It's going to be fun to spend some quality time with my kiddos before Noodle's arrival.

Miscellaneous Updates:
After some deep discussion and a fun little tour, Mister and I have decided to change providers and switch hospitals. We'll now be delivering at our local community hospital. I'm still trying to change providers and will hopefully have that taken care of later this week.

The hospital we've switched to has really got me excited! The atmosphere is different than my previous hospital, the approach to labor and delivery are different than my previous experiences and I'm looking very forward to having a bit more personal touch with my labor experience than before, rather than feeling like a lady with a barcode. It's also taken A LOT of stress off me by no longer being afraid of a long drive in the winter conditions. This hospital is much closer and I'm no longer dreading not making it in time, or dealing with scary and stressful travel conditions. Hooray for change!

In other news, Nursery Corner is coming along nicely! I'm looking forward to continuing work on it once I've made a few small purchases...

And I'd like to take a moment to give another big thank you to my Mister. This pregnancy hasn't been my easiest, by any means, and I find myself needing his emotional and physical support more often than not...and he's always right there. He puts up with my whining and crying and squirming around when my back hurts or my contractions get painful. And he, and the world, should know that I appreciate his total willingness to be there for me through all of it. He is an incredible partner. Thanks, baby. <3

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment