Tuesday, July 30, 2013

17 weeks...really?

Let me begin by saying I have a recording of Noodle's heartbeat, but I can not figure out how to upload it onto this blog from my phone FOR THE LIFE OF ME.

*sigh*

So, let it suffice that I DO have a recording. Any of you out there that wish to hear it are welcome to ask me to play it for you if we're standing next to each other. Until I can figure out all this techy stuff, that's the best I can do.

The end.

Now...onto the goods, yeah?


 
How Far Along Am I?
17w1d.
My doctor will tell you I'm 16w4d, but that's because of measurements, not because of ovulation and conception. So...if you wanna take an average or choose a team, you can. I'm on Team 17 weeks.
 
Noodle Is the Size Of?
 
An onion!
Average baby size is 5.1 inches long and 5.9 oz! That's roughly the size of your opened hand! Wowzers! So..I guess this week, I have Onion Noodle?! Mmm...now I'm hungry...
 
Maternity Clothes?
Oh, absolutely. And what I wear that isn't maternity is almost always clothes I've received from others that are a size or two larger than my normal. I'm finally getting comfortable in clothes and I'm looking forward to enjoying it for the rest of the trimester. Yay!
 
Stretch Marks?
None. NONE. *eyes tummy suspiciously*
 
Sleep?
Sleep continues to be a problem for me with this pregnancy. I'm, once again, in the throes of major insomnia. *sigh* And when I do get to sleep I wake up every couple hours to pee. Then I can't fall back to sleep. All the while dealing with a dead left shoulder because it does NOT like to get laid on and I can't sleep any other way.
 
Oh...sleep...you elusive lover, you...
 
Symptoms?
I've decided to add a spot for symptoms because sometimes these questions just don't cover everything...and besides, everyone else is doing it! (And yes, Mom, I would probably jump off the bridge if they were doing it too...just kidding!)
Heartburn has started this week. Oh joy. Just today pineapple juice gave me TERRIBLE heartburn. I'm staying away from the meds, though. I'll deal.
Headaches are starting to come back. This makes me sad. :(
Backaches and Boobies. These two things are major. You can take that however you want.
Swelling. Ah...the joys of edema...
Crazy dreams! Lovin' it, though. It's like Steven King lives in my head and comes out to play at night.
And I'm gassy. It's not at all fun for anyone in my vicinity.
Oh...and before I forget...I'm FORGETFUL. Pregnant Brain has officially kicked in! I can't remember ANYTHING. It's both hilarious and ridiculous. So, it's hildiculous.
 
Best Moment of the Week?
I don't know if I can pick just one...
Mister got to feel Noodle kick this week. That's pretty magical.
And I made some more jam with my sister. The entire day was hilarious!
Oh...and I got to weed the garden. I overdid it, but it was peaceful and it made me feel accomplished.
It's just been an awesome week!
 
Miss Anything?
This week I miss running and sleep.
But not a lot. I've enjoyed being pregnant this week.
 
Movement?
Oh my, yes! Noodle has been doing all sorts of kicks, flips and flops in there this week! It's been really delightful to lay on the couch in the evenings after the other children go to bed and just feel Noodle moving around.
 
Food Cravings?
SMOTHERED BURRITO FROM TACO BELL!!!
This sinful deliciousness is about as awesome as fast food can get...and ever since I had my first one, it's all I've been thinking about.
 
...and puffy Cheetos... *giggle*
 
Food Aversions?
This seems to be calming down a bit this week, thank goodness. I'm starting to reintroduce meat to my diet, slowly...even though I still can't quite do red meat very well.
Sugary sweet things are turning me off, too. The last thing I want is cake. Ugh.
 
Am I Showing?
Oh yes. See pictures above. It's getting to be fairly obvious.
 
Belly Button?
Wider!
 
Ring?
I had to change rings this week. Luckily for me, Mister has provided me with a few meaningful rings that I can easily switch without the guilt. :)
 
Looking Forward To?
It's a busy week this week, that's for sure.
I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with some of my loved ones I don't get to see very often. I think that will be nice.
 
Miscellaneous Updates:

This last Sunday was our first ER trip of this pregnancy. I was experiencing some significant mucous loss accompanied by low back pain, cramping, shortness of breath, hip pain, cervical pain, cervical pressure, vaginal pressure and irritability. While I'm aware that my mucous plug is still not quite formed yet, our nurse thought it best to get checked out to be sure my cervix was behaving itself. As luck would have it, it is. And as a surprise bonus, we got to heart Noodle's heartbeat in the ER! Woohoo! It's a strong one! The result of our little hospital trip, however, has been the medical advice to "take it easy." While I'm not on bed rest or couch potato status, I have been warned to take breaks VERY often and if I feel uncomfortable pressure, I need to lay down and be still awhile. There is a part of me that's grateful for the instruction to take a break from housework as needed GUILT FREE...however, I am not a "take it easy" type of gal and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to do so. On Sunday I weeded Twisted Sister Garden and really put my best effort into taking it easy and being careful and I STILL managed to overdo it. All Monday I was practically laid up unable to do much of anything around the house without feeling like my unmentionable regions were going to fall off! So...*ahem*....yeah. Mama's gotta take it EASIER. Ugh.
 
On another note, I have an incredible amount of delicious jam! That, friends, is something worth celebrating with a long, pregnant winter ahead..
 
See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment