*cough-hack*
Alright, here we go...
How Far Along Am I?
I'm 22 weeks along this week. And it really feels like my belly has popped out of nowhere!
I woke up the other morning literally SORE from the growth of my middle overnight. And no, it wasn't just round ligament pain! I'm not sure if my uterus just moved out from behind everything or Noodle decided to take up residence in the front of the womb or what...I was sore and noticeably bigger than just the day before. So much so, that I took a picture and sent it to Mister at work as proof! Even he was surprised!
I am absolutely 22 weeks along. Whew!
Noodle Is the Size Of?
A SPAGHETTI SQUASH!
This week, Noodle is approximately 11 inches long from head to heel, and weighs in at almost a full pound!
There's a full pound of baby in there! CRIKEY!
Also this week, Noodle is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His or her eyebrows, lips and eyelids are becoming more distinct and Noodle's developing tiny tooth buds underneath his/her gums! Noodle's eyes have formed as well, although the irises still remain colorless. Noodle might even have hair on his or her head!!
Noodle can also hear, sense light and dark and is beginning to become more familiar with voices and sounds of the outside world. And to top it off, Noodle is beginning to develop a very real sense of touch!
Maternity Clothes?
I haven't purchased anything new this week and I don't intend to. As we approach fall, I should be able to get by with quite a few of the things my mother purchased for me earlier in the pregnancy. She bought me some beautiful sweaters and boots and even an adorable maternity coat! I didn't know those existed!
Sleep?
Well, the good news is that when I do sleep, I sleep fairly well. I haven't been having too hard a time getting comfortable lately, which is a wonderful change. I'm still battling insomnia, however, and it wins more often than I'd like to admit. Especially now that school is back in session and I have to get up early to do the morning routine!
Symptoms?
I definitely have Pregnancy Brain. I can't remember ANYTHING.
I'm becoming more clumsy.
Oh, the swelling.
Did I mention I'm HUGE?
My back is killing me this week.
Holy heartburn, Batman!
Dizziness.
Headaches.
I'm hungry ALL. THE. TIME.
And I'm constantly getting kicked in regions that are NOT meant to be kicked... *ahem*
My boobs can be seen from space.
Oh...and I'm sure everyone will agree that I'm moody.
...and not THAT Moody...
Best Moment of the Week?
My oldest daughter started 5th grade this week. That's not only freaking me out, but has made me enormously proud. She is not a very academic child and she's had to work very, very hard at her grades and progress and it's been an absolute PLEASURE to watch her move forward this year. I'm incredibly excited to see what this new year brings us. She seems so much more focused. (Not to mention boy crazy...ugh..)
Movement?
Oh yes...the movement...
I've officially progressed passed the tiny flutters of a small fetus into the almost-annoying kicks and spins of a baby who is quickly running out of room. It seems every other moment I'm getting kicked or punched somewhere.
...but don't get me wrong, I'm still enjoying it.
Food Cravings?
SOFT SERVE ICE CREAM.
Oh my goodness, this craving is WICKED.
The other day, Mister and I were out running errands and I actually had 2 cones in a 30 minute period. It was all I could do to NOT get another one. And it has to be the swirly kind. It's so ridiculous!
Food Aversions?
I don't have any outstanding aversions left, honestly. They just sort of come and go. *shrug*
Am I Showing?
Oh my, yes.
...but no one has asked me how far along I am, yet. *pout*
Belly Button?
Still in! Woohoo!
Rings?
Always.
Looking Forward To?
Right now the only big anticipation on my calendar is feeling better. I'm pretty tired of this terrible chest cold with nothing but hot showers and cough drops to defend myself. I'm EXHAUSTED.
Miscellaneous Updates:
There's not really a lot to update on this week that we haven't already touched on. With BabyGirl back in school, the afternoons are left to me and Boo, which is both wonderful and sad. I miss BabyGirl. And it is really sinking in that it'll be Boo, Noodle and I before long. SCARY.
I've made final decisions on cloth diaper choices and my wonderful mother has been an incredible help getting things started! But honestly...could modern mothers have made such a simple idea any more complicated?! It took me MONTHS just to understand the difference between a prefold and a flat fold. Honestly...whatever happened to just cloth freaking diapers?
Enough of THAT soapbox... *ahem*
And, once again, I'm hoping to get to Nursery Corner soon. It seems things keep getting pushed back as life gets in the way. But as soon as I feel better, I'm getting the shelves and dressers prepped and moved up there! That's just the end of it. Pictures WILL be posted before and after.
And now, friends, it's off to enjoy a steaming bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup my Mama sent over to help me feel better. She simply is the best mother in the world. I would be a complete success if I could ever manage to be half the mother she's always been. <3
Until next time...



i know how you feel about the cloth diaper thing geesh! so complicated. on a side note, i am now 27 weeks along and still no strangers have asked me about the bump...what the hell is that about? haha!
ReplyDelete-christa p.