Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Catching up...

I apologize for being tardy with this week's update. It's been a crazy week. The holidays, friends, are upon us...

So, without further adieu...

How Far Along Am I?

We're looking down the barrel of week 29.

My bump continues to grow at a rapid pace. It seems everyday there's one less thing I can reach, one less shirt I can wear, one less thing I can do because my bump is even more in the way than the day before!

And I'm BREATHLESS. Oh my goodness! I can't catch my breath AT ALL anymore.

I'm also having a hard time eating. Not just the aversions, but now I take two or three bites and I'm full because Noodle is squishing my stomach so successfully with those little feet!

But I'm gonna miss it. I love my big bump!



How Big Is Noodle Now?
Well...let me begin by saying that it's obvious to me every pregnant woman gets tired during her third trimester because there's almost NO blogs or research papers done so I can find an ACCURATE vegetable or fruit assessment. And all the medical sites contradict each other. One says acorn squash, one says cabbage, one says something else entirely.

Here's what I think...

Noodle is approximately 17" long by now. ALMOST as big as he or she will be on delivery day. Woah.
And Noodle should weigh about 3lbs by now. That weight will double before delivery day. (It had better not triple!)

So...that's all I've got. No jazzy picture this time. So I'll add one of my own:

This is what I see when I look down. See the lack of feet? Or ground nearby? Yeah. It's just Noodle's bump. That's all I get. I don't even know what my thighs looks like anymore (not that I want to, I'm sure). That's how big Noodle is. Big enough to completely hinder my point of view.

Maternity Clothes?
I STILL haven't purchased any long sleeve tees, and I know, I know, I need to.

Stretch Marks?
Nope. None of these. I'm pretty sure the other two kids paved the way well enough. LOL. However, my bump is getting rather tight so...who knows?

Sleep?
Sleep is once again becoming difficult. I wake up several times a night for restroom breaks and whenever I roll onto my back in my sleep, I wake up unable to breathe and gasping desperately for air. My maternity pillow now gives me a backache and I find I'm only comfortable in one specific way...which is hard to maintain. So...meh. I sleep...kinda.

Best Moment of the Week?
This last weekend, we took the kids to the pumpkin patch to get our annual Halloween pumpkins. It's a tradition that started with extended family years ago, but has since just become something my little family does. We've gone to the same pumpkin patch since my 10 year old daughter was a baby and whenever I suggest a different one, she throws a fit. So...we go. This year they spent HOURS in the haypatch playing with other kids while we waiting for their father to come pick them up. We got some great carving pumpkins and a few little ones for decoration and they went for a hayride with Mister and a barn dog. All in all, it was a great trip!

Miss Anything?
Running and the ability to breathe freely. That's about it.

Movement?
Well, Noodle moves A LOT. But it's definitely getting cramped in there because the movement is becoming more roll and less kick and punch. This last week, Noodle started stretching out and doing that fun little push against my ribs AND my pelvic bone at the same time. That's a good time!

Food Cravings?
Lately I've been craving 7-up and Apple juice combined. I call it Magic Juice. It's delicious.
And apples. I'm still on the apple kick.

Food Aversions?
I still hate hot chicken. I don't know if that's going to change.

Labor Signs?
I'm continuing to have consistent contractions throughout the day and night. For two straight days, these contractions were painful enough that I couldn't sleep through them at night, and several times during the day I was unable to walk or talk through them. These strong, painful contractions weren't consistent enough to warrant a run to the hospital, but they did continue to nag me. The doctor warned us this could happen and I followed his instructions for safe management and eventually, they went away. Now I'm left with consistent, uncomfortable BH contractions.

I'm also experiencing the same back pain I was earlier, accompanying my contractions.

So far, so good, people. So far, so good.

Belly Button?
It's getting very, very shallow.

Happy or Moody?
This week I've been emotional. Not necessarily moody, just emotional. I cry at night. I'm overly anxious. I'm stressed out. I find myself scared and sobbing over nothing.
It's been awesome.

Looking Forward To?
I'm looking forward to our next appointment and doing the Glucose test. This is a little later than usual, but I'll be glad to have it out of the way. I'm super nervous about having a new needle lady, but she's apparently the best in the land...so...

Symptoms to Note:
Noodle is definitely staying head-down this week. That still may change, but I'm hoping not. There are quite a few little punches taking place in my lower abdomen, and lots of feet kicking my ribs.
This breathlessness is making me CRAZY. I hate feeling like I can't catch my breath.
I'm suffering through some pretty wicked fatigue through the day, but I think that's caused mostly by my lack of good sleep through the night.
Nesting is really kicking into high gear! I wish I could do more to prepare!

Random Stuff:
Well, there's not much to report, honestly. I've spent the better part of this week in some enormous pain and have had to put off a lot of things to cope, but it's enabled me more time to rest and spend some much-needed down time with my kids. I'm also getting quite a bit accomplished on some Christmas Projects that need my attention. That is a wonderful thing, in my book!

I'm getting incredibly anxious about labor and delivery this week, which is weird for me! Because I've not only had my own children, but been around so many, many others, it's odd for me to feel so...insecure...but I certainly am! I'm sure this anxiety will pass with time, but right now, it's keeping me up at night.

I'm also finding myself VERY VERY EXCITED! Even though I am having a hard time with the pain associated with this pregnancy, I keep getting distracted by pure joy and excitement! We're gonna have a baby soon! A BABY! I can not wait to snuggle that precious Noodle sooooo close!

Well, I'd better run off and get the stew in the crock pot. It's already afternoon, sheesh!
Until next time, friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment