Now let's take a second to talk about that...
My doctor says I'm due on January 10th, 2014.
I say I'm due on January 6th, 2014.
That means, I'm "full term" on December 16th, 2013 (using my EDD of January 6th..)
Okay, we all know babies come out when they're good and ready. (Well, unless you schedule your delivery around convenience. But that's a whole different soap box...) We also know that Noodle hasn't exactly been cooperative about staying in the womb comfortably. It seems like every week there's another way Noodle is trying to convince me to go into labor. So for the last couple of weeks I've been listening to my body and I have to say that I now have BIG, LOUD instincts telling me that Noodle won't last to 40 weeks in there, and will make an appearance before either one of my EDD's.
My official guess is December 27th.
Any of my readers out there have a guess on Noodle's birthday?! I'd LOVE to hear them!
![]() |
| 30 weeks! |
How Big is Noodle Now?
This week, Noodle is roughly 3lbs 12oz and somewhere around 17" long. They say that's the size of a large head of cabbage, but truthfully, it's as big as a 30 week baby! I don't think I've seen cabbage that was 17" long..
Maternity Clothes?
I purchased a long sleeve tee at Goodwill the other day, but it's not a good layering shirt. At least it's something. I'm seriously running out of clothes.
Stretch Marks?
Nope. Hooray!
Sleep?
Nope. None, really. Ugh.
Going on a date with Mister.
It truly was a miserable party and we left early feeling older than we've ever felt. To make matters worse, we went home and planned on watching a movie, but fell almost immediately to sleep instead.
Needless to say, you know you're old when the music's too loud, the dresses are too short and 11pm is too late!
It was fun to dress up and hang out, though. And sleeping in was AWESOME.
Miss Anything?
SLEEP. Oh, I miss sleep!
And doing chores without feeling like I'm going to split in half.
And running.
And sleep.
Movement?
Noodle is still very active, which delights me to no end! It seems, however, that I may give birth to my first shy child. Noodle is absolutely quiet whenever we're around other people that may want to feel the movements...
Food Cravings?
Apples. Anything apples. It's kinda dumb.
Food Aversions?
Mayonnaise! Ugh!
Hot chicken!
Nacho cheese!
Labor Signs?
Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of contractions. Oh man.
Moderate cramping every now and then.
Pelvic pressure!
Belly Button?
It doesn't really look like a belly button anymore. It's all dented and shallow and weird.
Happy or Moody?
I've been emotional again this week. Everything seems to make me cry. I miss not crying...
Looking Forward To?
We have our glucose appointment this week. I'm looking forward to getting that done. I have no reason for concern, so it'll be nice to just have it out of the way. I'm 2 weeks behind schedule!
Symptoms to Note?
My poor feet are so swollen by the end of the day.
Or if I sit too long.
Or if I walk too long.
Or if I'm not laying down too long.
Or if they're elevated too long.
Yeah, like that.
Tee hee.
Random Stuff:
Last night we were watching TV when I realized I was having back to back contractions. They weren't necessarily painful, but they were definitely uncomfortable, and were accompanied by some very harsh back pain and scary pelvic and vaginal pressure.
I started to time them after the 3rd one.
When I had the 7th one, I got up and took a hot shower, asking Mister to keep timing for me.
When I noticed I'd had 14 in 90 minutes, I got nervous.
I drank water, changed positions, laid in a reclined, left-sided position, walked around...
When I realized I had 18 in 2 hours, I started making an urgent mental checklist to get us to the ER in a hurry at almost 1am.
I told myself if I they continued for 30 more minutes, I'd call L&D.
Full stop shortly after that.
I went to bed at the 3 hour mark, with no contractions at all for nearly 45 minutes.
That was pretty worrisome for me. While I'm confident they were BH contractions, I'll be calling Dr. John today (despite our appointment in 2 days) to alert him to this, just in case. I've had a few contractions this morning and early afternoon, but nothing like last night and none of the pressure.
Hopefully, Noodle is just making a comfortable home head-down.
In other news, my maternity belt is WONDERFUL for helping with the back pain while I'm out running errands, but TERRIBLE for back pain if I'm going to be doing more sitting than walking. Then it seems to hurt my back more than it helps.
I haven't been keeping up on our 30 Days of Halloween. It's been so, so hard to find the ability to do something in the evenings. That's when my symptoms are the worst. And I don't want to exclude Mister and BabyGirl, so I try not to do them during the afternoons when I'm feeling more capable...so, yeah. This year I've just completely missed it. I'm still hoping to make it a more steadfast tradition and I'm looking forward to making ALL 30 days next year. In the meantime, we ARE going to do caramel apples and pumpkins before Halloween, FOR SURE. Anything else will be a bonus. I hate that I've not followed through on this project for the kids, and I can tell I'm going to have to lower my expectations for crafts and treats for Thanksgiving and Christmas as well. It's really bothering me that I couldn't accomplish what I'd set out to do for them. But I'm confident that they'll have good memories of what we HAVE been able to do this year and I'm hoping that they'll look even more forward to it next year!
Oh, and before I forget...
I'm still working on that surprise for all of you that I'd mentioned a few weeks ago. It's taking me longer than I'd planned because I wasn't as prepared for the entire project as I thought I was! But it IS being worked on, almost daily, and I'm VERY excited to roll it out ASAP.
Also, Nursery Corner is nearly as complete as it's going to be. I haven't forgotten about you, dear readers, and I'm looking forward to unveiling it to you just as soon as I finish one more project for it! Stay tuned!
Until next time...



No comments:
Post a Comment